Home Improvement New Year’s Resolutions to Keep this Year
- Sunday, 08 January 2017 22:14
Your home is your castle, so you’ll want to make sure it’s in tip-top shape. Just like you make New Year’s resolutions about improvements you want to make for yourself, you should also make New Year’s resolutions for your home. See if you can add a few below to your list.
Home Improvement Resolutions
- Safety First. Your home should be as safe as possible to protect you and your family. Make sure to:
- Test/replace the batteries in the smoke alarms.
- Check your home for radon. The colorless and odorless gas is to blame for approximately 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. One in fifteen homes has higher-than-normal levels of radon. You can buy a test kit for about $20 at your local hardware store.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors on every bedroom floor.
- Have dryer vents and ducts cleaned to reduce fire danger.
- Have chimney flues cleaned by a professional.
- Install a security system if you don’t already have one.
- Improve your home’s curb appeal. Your home’s exterior is the first thing that people see, so it’s important that it makes a good first impression. Make plans to:
- Add to or replace landscaping.
- Have your home’s exterior cleaned.
- Add or update outdoor lighting features.
- Consider sprucing up your front entryway, such as with a new door color, decorative stone accents or the addition of a metal awning over the doorway.
- Maintenance in time saves nine. Have the HVAC system and other home systems serviced so that you’re not inconvenienced by breakdowns or incur costly repairs.
- Consider a Screen Enclosure. Screen enclosures extend the living space of your home, keeping you and your family safe from pests when outdoors. Consider features that will bring everyone together, like a pool, hot tub, outdoor kitchen and fire pit area.
Ready to talk with a professional about your screen enclosure? Contact us
at Hendry Aluminum for a free estimate.