The Benefits of a Pool Fence
- Wednesday, 25 January 2017 20:03
The saying goes, “you wouldn’t own a car without a seat belt; you shouldn’t have a pool without a fence.” Arguments about classic cars manufactured before seat belts became a safety necessity aside, the adage is true: having a pool fence just make good sense. Explore all the benefits of installing a pool fence below.
The Advantages of a Pool Fence
- A pool fence keeps people safe from drowning. The statistics are alarming. According to data from the CDC, from 2005 to 2014 there were over 3,500 drowning deaths a year not related to boating; one in five of those were children 14 years old and younger. Statistically, about two children drown every day of the year, for a total of just over 700. These numbers don’t take into account the thousands who don’t die but suffer permanent injuries, such as brain damage. A pool fence keeps children and adults out of your pool. Pool safety when it comes to preventing drowning should involve many layers of protection, with your pool fence being one of the most important ones. A screen enclosure is another.
- A pool fence keeps your pets safe. Your pets should stay out of the pool, too, when you’re not around to supervise.
- A pool fence creates peace of mind. A fence around the pool allows the adults to be able to relax a bit, knowing that pool is out-of-bounds.
- It may be required by law. Depending on the laws where you live and your current set-up, you may be required by law to have a pool fence.
- You may save on homeowner’s insurance. Much like installing a burglar alarm or buying a fire extinguisher can lower the cost of your home insurance, a pool fence may as well.
If you’re considering a pool fence, contact us at Hendry Aluminum
for a free estimate. We offer a wide variety of pool fences
to match your needs and tastes.